Date: April 20, 2020
UANA is monitoring state and federal agencies for relevant updates related to the virus. UANA will continue to share the latest guidance related to the outbreak with our members.
The current guidance from DSHS for health care providers regarding COVID-19 is as follows:
- Remain vigilant and monitor the situation in your local community.
- Preventing and mitigating the spread of the virus is everyone’s responsibility.
- Work closely with your local health department if you suspect your patient is suffering from COVID-19, they can provide guidance on testing.
- Review your facility’s infection control strategies.
- Practice and encourage a personal regimen of washing hands, coughing into the crook of your elbow, disinfecting surfaces and staying home when you feel sick.
UANA will remain in close communication and coordination with the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA) and other stakeholders to provide our members with the most up-to-date recommendations and information regarding COVID-19.
The following resources may be helpful to you, your colleagues, and your local health care facilities in Utah as we all work together to mitigate the spread of this virus and address cases of COVID-19 in communities:
AANA Resources Page:
For Anesthesia Professionals:
CDC Coronavirus Website: https://www.cdc.gov/